Today… I’m taking some time out from writing about politics, to just write some random crap. This week has, to be honest, it has completely sucked, and it’s time to just examine the good things that have happened, rather than focusing on the bad… so… in order:
1. Got to see some old friends of ours this past weekend. That was nice, and it was good to see them again. We went out to breakfast, got a little too drunk on Saturday and had a lot of fun laughing and just… being.
2. My son has shown me just how grown up he is. Monday, he decided to do some tricks on his scooter (to show off to a very cute girl) and he scraped his palm. The scrape managed to get some dirt in it somehow and got infected. We ran to the doctors office, then to the ER later. And… for the first time since he was five, I spent the whole day with my son. I realized… that he’s a very grown up young man, and for the first time, I had an inkling that he is going to grow up to be a fine, upstanding gentlemen, regardless of all the issues we have had in recent years. Knowing that… is… simply awesome.
3. I decided that I am going to do it. No more waiting around, I’m just going back to school and that’s that. I am going to talk to a friend of mine who’s at the local community college and get him to “hook me up” with the placement test next week. I’m going to try to get into English 101 for summer quarter. It’s just time, and that’s all there is to it.
4. My 75 gallon reef tank is shaping up to be a thing of beauty. I have a new coral, montipora digita. That expensive light rack is finally getting put to the test, and for the past week, it’s succeeded admirably.
5. We have a cute little purple pseudochromis in the 10 gallon nano reef. Finally, my husband put a fish in that tank. He’s adorable. He comes out to play hide and seek every now and then and is eating well. Great little fish.
6. I’d like to wish an especially happy belated birthday to our dear friend Karl. His birthday party was a blast, and I do hope that he enjoyed it as much as the rest of us did.
And… that’s it. That’s all the good news for the week. You probably don’t care about that, but hey… I needed to make a list, so… you’re stuck with it.